Recall on FUV Plumbed-in Fire Extinguishers

Any topic, Any subject.
vicrib

Recall on FUV Plumbed-in Fire Extinguishers

Post by vicrib » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40

Hi All Please see from MSA Scrutineers News Urgent recall on FEV plumbed in Fire Extinguishers.

FEV extinguisher recall Please be aware that the FIA have issued an urgent informative note concerning a recall on FEV FX G-TEC3300R fire extinguishers (FIA Standard 8865-2015) with homologation number EX.008.16. This note is attached to the email on which this Bulletin was received. As explained in the document, FEV have discovered a manufacturing error in the size of the cylinder on some systems, resulting in them no longer complying with their homologation. The homologation for those cylinders affected (as shown in the list in Appendix I of the document) is immediately withdrawn. If you come across a competitor with one of the affected systems, please advise them immediately of the recall and take the following steps as directed by the FIA:
• Scrutineering of the car must be stopped and anyone inside must exit the car. • The car must be sent back to the team/awning etc. so that the cylinder can be removed from the car, in accordance with the procedure provided by FEV and detailed in Appendix I of the document.
You can also direct the competitor to the manufacturer to have the cylinder replaced with a correct version. Please note that any cylinder with the homologation number EX.008.16 that is not listed in the Appendix I are not affected by this decision.