Welsh forestry charges 2017

Any topic, Any subject.
John Griffiths

Re: Welsh forestry charges 2017

Post by John Griffiths » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42

Songasport wrote:The Cambrian is going ahead apparently but with a change of route - more work and stress for the volunteer organisers.
Seems that they have had to re-route as they are harvesting in one of the forests and too rough to run a rally through, plus the small problem of who repairs the damage before and after the event.

Seems like an ideal opportunity for us to run a round of the BCCC there after they finish harvesting and before they repair the damage.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Tue Jan 24, 2017 23:00

Posted on Facebook tonight. I assume they've invited someone from Marches to the meeting tomorrow and that there has been a contract issued?
-----------------------
Rally4Wales have recently issued organising clubs with road repair contracts to ensure that the 2017 season can run as smoothly as possible under the terms of the new arrangement in Wales. Rally4Wales have been flexible and accommodated some reasonable modifications suggested by event organisers. Now all parties are trying to move forward to ensure that rallies taking place in Wales can concentrate their efforts on organising safe and successful rallies.
Guy Weaver from Rally North Wales signed the contract on behalf of the organising club, and Richard Ceen was delighted to sign on behalf of Rally4Wales.
Richard Ceen:
“We’ve been working hard to get the contractual matters sorted, and we listened to the feedback received from event organisers and took that on board and made changes where necessary. Clearly, this is a new arrangement for everyone and with change brings many questions. We have been working hard to address the questions raised to ensure that organisers understand Rally4Wales position on the matter. It’s vital that the organising clubs are clear on how the new arrangements will work, and we have a meeting between all interested parties taking place on Wednesday of this week. We’re looking forward to meeting with all clubs, the MSA and Natural Resources Wales to iron out any remaining questions. Natural Resources Wales have been highly criticised in some areas in recent days and we’re extremely disappointed by this criticism. They have bent over backwards to help and accommodate Rally4Wales and the new working arrangements for rallying in recent months and weeks. We continue to have a good working relationship with the staff at NRW, and we’re concentrating all our efforts on a daily basis to keep communicating and working with them to ensure that all future events planned in Wales are ready to run. We're delighted to see the organisers of Rally North Wales sign their contract and push forwards with their event planning”.

Chris G
Site Admin

Post by Chris G » Tue Jan 24, 2017 23:03

Yes, Mr T is on the case.
He spoke to R4W a week or so ago regarding our use of off road tracks. However we still have no indication of likely costs and no contract has been offered to date.

He will be at the meeting.

I am a little amused with the comment from R4W regarding the NRW

They have bent over backwards to help

And I thought it was their offices where all the problems originated.
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Wed Jan 25, 2017 0:21

Hopefully we will know more after tomorrow then :whistle:

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:33

Or perhaps not.

I know I've been banned from saying anything other than NRW/R4W are a jolly nice bunch but this is farcical - 10 weeks until round 1 and we have no clue what is going on with land charges? What are the MSA doing, given it's one of their championships that is being messed around?

Chris G
Site Admin

Post by Chris G » Fri Jan 27, 2017 21:26

From what I have been told, the MSA are trying their best to sort it and find a way forward.

NRW/R4W ( jolly nice bunch ) seem to be getting very bogged down
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Fri Jan 27, 2017 23:04

Chris G wrote: NRW/R4W ( jolly nice bunch ) seem to be getting very bogged down
That doesn't say much for the condition of the tracks :grin:

It's causing me a major problem now as magazines have a month's lead time for publication. I had LRO wanting to do a piece about round one in their next issue... I felt pretty stupid saying "well it's meant to be Myherin but as we don't know how much the land will cost it might be somewhere else. Or round 2 might be round 1." I had planned to do something for TOR too which I now can't.

I'm also waiting to publish something for Jerry to try and get more marshals. Again, can't do it in case the venues change.

Let's hope there is a way forward in the next few days...

Chris G
Site Admin

Post by Chris G » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38

I can see your problems, I guess all clubs with NRW venues are sitting in the dark at the moment.

As far as the venue for the first round, this is Myherin and that is what we are working towards, however it would be foolish for us not to consider the posibility of a "plan B" if it all goes "tits up"

Our biggest problem is getting the Regs out and without any idea of land costs, we cannot publish.
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Sat Jan 28, 2017 15:12

Chris G wrote:I can see your problems, I guess all clubs with NRW venues are sitting in the dark at the moment.
The only clubs sitting in the dark are the ones who aren't using the land for stage rallying - rally clubs apparently all have contracts in place according to R4W Facebook page?

LRO will publish that it is at Myherin but will also link to Marches site/Facebook and advise folk to check for latest news.