Welsh forestry charges 2017

Any topic, Any subject.
Songasport

Welsh forestry charges 2017

Post by Songasport » Tue Dec 27, 2016 23:23

Published just before Christmas...

"Under this new arrangement, Rally4Wales as a service provider, and not a landowner, must charge VAT on the road repair mileage charges. These main fixed charges, Primary usage £698.00, Secondary usage £414.00 and Recce Usage £20.30 plus VAT, will apply to all branches of motorsport where similar vehicles use the main forest roads and do similar damage."

So are BCCC cars classed as "similar vehicles"? In which case what will be the impact on 2017 venues/entry fee if the charge per mile for Cat A (I assume that's what they mean by "main forest roads") is going from around £215 per mile to £698 + VAT? Have R4W included the other branches of motorsport when they've been negotiating with NRW?

Chris G
Site Admin

Re: Welsh forestry charges 2017

Post by Chris G » Wed Dec 28, 2016 0:44

As usual, nothing on the MSA website and we have to learn this from Facebook !!

Hopefully our forestry charges will remain much the same, however if we are classed as "similar vehicles" then we will be loosing a lot of competitors.

There seems to be a lack of clarity, how much of the fee goes to the landowner and how much is for repair work which has VAT added ?

The regs for 2017 have now been finished, we are awaiting notification of the land charges to set the entry fees etc. So I expect Lilian is on the case.
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:11

Lilian is on the case but only because I emailed her the statement, R4W had not informed her. Perhaps they informed someone else who didn't pass the information on? I'd not be surprised if BCCC cars as classed as "similar".

How much is it for Sweet Lamb these days?!

Chris G
Site Admin

Post by Chris G » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35

Well we have Sweet Lamb, Walters, Bovington and Scotland, only need a couple more.
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Wed Dec 28, 2016 23:39

I'm sure the competitors wouldn't mind two rounds at Sweet Lamb - there are enough tracks in there. Nice big service area too - unlike Ceri/Radnor/Myherin.

Wirrolean2

Post by Wirrolean2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 14:38

Chris G wrote:Well we have Sweet Lamb, Walters, Bovington and Scotland, only need a couple more.
i thought the venues were sorted for 2017? Sweet lamb wasn't one of them.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Sun Jan 01, 2017 19:52

Wirrolean2 wrote:
Chris G wrote:Well we have Sweet Lamb, Walters, Bovington and Scotland, only need a couple more.
i thought the venues were sorted for 2017? Sweet lamb wasn't one of them.
As far as I know the calendar is still the same as previously published. The NRW sites were provisional subject to forestry allocations being confirmed - I don't know whether this has happened yet? The spanner in the works is if NRW/Rally4Wales have agreed to more than treble the land charge for non-rally events. It might impact on the calendar if so?

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:19

Round 1 of the BRC, due to use Myherin and other forests, cancelled :cry:

"Following a meeting of Newtown & District Automobile Club Ltd's committee, it was decided that, due to the current financial uncertainties of running a forest stage event, the difficult decision to cancel the Grooms Garage Mid-Wales Stages 2017 had to be made."

Has anything been said about the BCCC events scheduled to run on NRW land? Do we know how much NRW/R4W want to charge comp safaris yet?

Chris G
Site Admin

Post by Chris G » Fri Jan 06, 2017 21:34

Sad news, the Mid Wales Stages is a popular event.

We had heard nothing about the charges we will be paying for our rounds, (spoke to Lilian today)

We are not vat registered so will have to pass on any VAT we are charged for the route repairs.

At the moment it looks like we would be signing a blank cheque by going to Myherin.

There is a lot I could say about the way this NRW - Rally4Wales agreement has been made, but this is a public forum so I will keep my mouth shut, however the smell is overpowering.
Chris Gibson.

Songasport

Post by Songasport » Sat Jan 07, 2017 18:23

It's completely farcical. We're going to be "launching" the championship next Thursday with potentially half the calendar going to change and/or an unknown entry fee.

There are a lot of crews wanting to enter this year, we'll be losing them to other championships if we don't have a final calendar/entry fee/regs soon.